Raw date-coconut flax seed "pancakes" topped with raw tahini, wild blueberries, and maple syrup. Don't forget the freshly hand squeezed orange juice!
Made these for breakfast this morning. So amazing! These were super fast because there is no need to use a dehydrator. Just pop a few ingredients into the food processor or blender, and you're ready to go. Recipe below:
Amber's Raw Pancakes:
- 0.5 cup blond flax seeds (lighter in flavor)
- 0.25 cup raw, steal cut oats
- 3 dates
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 0.25 cup plain coconut flakes
- pinch of salt (I use pink Himalayan)
- 0.25 cup of water (try to use pure or filtered water if possible)
- First before anything else, place dates in a bowl and fill with water. This soaking will make them easier to blend.
- In either a food processor or blender, grind flax seeds into a powder. I find this works best if you don't add the full amount of the seeds at once. Break it up into 2-3 parts. Not all seeds will grind into a powder, which is fine. It adds a little crunch!
- Next, add salt, oil, oats and flakes. Blend.
- Now add dates. Split into small pieces, and don't forget to remove pits!
- Add water. Water is approximate so add until you get desired texture.
- Mold into pancakes - mixture will be sticky. Wet hands to make molding easier.
Then, just top with toppings of your choice - I love tahini, blueberries, maple syrup and bananas.