Welcome to my first post of Creative Nail Week! This week, all posts will be nail polish related: you can expect fun tutorials, polish swatches and tips and tricks. My nail polish tutorials that I do here on the blog tend to be pretty popular (along with a guest post that I did), so I thought a whole week of these posts would be fun!
To create a look similar to the one above, you will need:
- A disposable cup, filled with water
- A toothpick, or something similar
- 3-5 nail polish colors (or use black and white!)
- Nail polish remover
|Colors used: (from outer edge to center) OPI Charged Up Cherry, OPI Flit a Bit, China Glaze For Audrey|
Once you have a design you like (don't worry about getting super technical), carefully dip/submerge your finger into the polish design. If excess polish starts to come up as you remove your finger, gently use the toothpick to "shave" off the excess.
A few tips:
- If you don't want to spend hours removing excess polish, tape down to your knuckle. Also, try not to dip your finger in at the center of the cup; try the edge.
- Tape as close as possible to your cuticle!
- Make sure your cuticles are clean, and you have no hangnails
- Use q-tips to remove excess polish
PS A big welcome to Lara, my newest follower, from the Il Mondo a Modo Mio blog!