|Wild Doll Top|
The mornings and earlier evenings have been in the low 50's. With the middle of the day being in the 80's, it makes for some hard decisions to be had while getting dressed for the day. In the Bay Area, you never know when Karl is going to come rolling through! This top can be worn during the day, but at night I need the extra layer.
|Full Tilt faux leather jacket // c/o Wild Doll ruffle top // Big Star jeans from Liv Fashion Boutique // Dooney & Bourke crossbody [thank you Megan!] // Target boot [old]|
I love the idea of mixing different weights of fabric together in one outfit. It amuses the eye, and takes the manner of getting dressed from an experience of sight to one of touch.
However, the hue of this shade of blue on this top is so pretty.
- Play with color, but in subtle ways such as neutrals, or dark tones. Having more than one dominate color will make the outfit feel overdone.
- Don't forget your accessories! A studded skinny belt, embroidered scarf, velvet headband, and pebbled bag can all be sources of inspiration.
- Never underestimate the power of black on black, or white on white while mixing textures
- Pair the unexpected: you may be pleasantly surprised!
- Do your best to not repeat textures throughout an outfit. It can add bulk to your frame.